Sunday, December 18, 2011

Music Monday: yMusic






I had the great luck of purchasing this album on the same day that a very tiny rainstorm came into town. It's beautiful, transporting music. I got out of the subway, greeted by lots of wind and a show of pigeons heading for drier places. I was also lucky enough to get a window seat fairly early on the bus portion of my trip. With yMusic, every tiny detail outside that window became absolutely fascinating. The way asphalt slowly becomes darker and darker as the rain starts picking up. I saw a man biking in the same direction as the wind, leaves were kicking up past him, it made me wish I were on a bike, but I still had a cold so that wouldn't have been a good idea. Even things that generally annoy me about this city became wonderful. No, this traffic isn't keeping you from home, it's giving you a twinkling light show, white & red in the rain, something to watch while we wait for the rain to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment