Saturday, July 7, 2012

Embroidered Memento Mori


It has been quite a long time since I've posted anything on here, but I finally had the Internet installed in my new apartment and I finally actually finished something! While making my embroidered memento mori, I got to this weird point where I just did not even wan to finish it and I wanted to work on it forever until the end of time, but I finally realized that was pretty dumb. So then I just let it be a bigger part of my weekends and evenings. For a few weeks I was coming home to sit & stitch, waking up & pricking my fingers over my cup of coffee (it's best to embroider after having some caffeine I later realized), and trying to take it with me everywhere I could within reason & wherever I could avoid fraying the fabric even more than it was! One of my favorite sittings with this was at a pretty nice park not far from my apartment & I think I need to do a better job of taking advantage of that place for more mobile projects like smaller embroidery pieces & drawing & writing & things. Anyway, I feel weird but pleased that this is done.
As for other things and more pictures of this thing, some of the other sewing projects I've just started this week, and general "what have you been up to"'s, my boyfriend showed me how to use instagram which I didn't even realize I had for several months so I have been having loads of fun with that & if you wish to see those things, I am, with my usual username "hellodenise".

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I can't believe I didn't have you in my feed :[ I fixed it now though! And adding you to instagram asap!

    ReplyDelete