Saturday, March 26, 2011

Flying South

I think I mentioned that the last time I was making the trip back to Los Angeles, the weather seemed like a bit of a bad omen. Being a bit superstitious, I was quite alarmed!

Snow was present again when I left my beautiful hometown to return here, but we caught a nicer break in the weather, I'm taking this as a sign that things are going to work out! My replacement wallet contents are slowly filling in, I have one extra (unexpected) day of spring break, and I had a really exhausting but fun afternoon with a friend playing tourists in Santa Monica!

& I may have bought some makeup . . .

Bad news is bad news, but you've got to let it go & that's exactly what I'm trying to do. I needed a fresh start anyway

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear your wallet was stolen, that's awful. It seems like you have a good attitude about it. From now on it's our of your hands so the best thing to do is simply rebuild from scratch. That scenery is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually took me a really long time to be okay with what happened! I don't usually sulk, but I was in such a horrible mood for quite a few days after my wallet got lost. Getting the fraud alert call was the thing that was really upsetting. I was thinking along the lines of, well maybe whoever found my wallet really needed the cash way more than I do, but then that call confirmed that this person was really trying to take advantage!

    But like you said, there really isn't anything I can do at this point but wait for things to start arriving. & at least I learned to be extra careful about watching my things when I'm out. Sometimes, you never really get something until you have to deal with it yourself, so I guess I'm thankful for that. Plus, I'm just really lucky to have the friends & family that I do who helped out. I have so many wonderful things in my life that missing a few things doesn't hurt so much.

    ReplyDelete