Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Start of Something





My spring break wasn't filled with as much crafting time as I'd hoped (oh well!), but I have been doing a bit of sewing lately. Here are two facts you may not know about how I sew.

1. I sew on the floor. I guess a table would be easier, but i don't want to clear off my entire desk every time I feel like sewing & I don't want to sprawl all over the apartment. So basically I use my knee to man the pedal! This way leads to more backaches, but I guess it works out okay for now.

2. My machine is a vegetarian

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished result! Also, awesome sewing machine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I made an enormous pair of curtains and had to do a lot of sewing on the floor - that needed a couple of days recovery time! I hope you're more flexible than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It might take a while, I am notoriously slow when it comes to sewing anything

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That sounds pretty intense! At least you got some nice curtains out of it though! Generally I try to counter the strain on my back by doing a few yoga poses after I'm all sewn out for the day.

    ReplyDelete