Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pardon the Abscence

Hi! My apartment building is run by people who are maybe a little less than what I would call competent at their jobs. I got a call on Wednesday basically saying, "Oh you know that room transfer you asked for months ago? Well if you still want it, you need to come pick up the other key on Friday (not before) & give us back your keys on Monday".

So I unexpectedly had to scoop up all the worldly possessions I had brought to & acquired in Los Angeles & move them to the next building over. Since I had almost no time to prep for this (I have two jobs!), I basically ended up filling every bag I had with stuff, taking it downstairs, walking over, taking it upstairs, emptying, taking bags downstairs, taking bags upstairs, filling, on repeat until there was nothing left to move.

So I've been a bit busy (& sore!) & not really the most productive in the realm of crafts the past few days. I am working on sewing something, or salvaging something that I started sewing & possibly ruined, so hopefully I'll have a proper update soon!

6 comments:

  1. Wow... I can't believe how short of a notice you got!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was really annoyed & frustrated. & well, I guess I still am, but I'm just trying not to let it bother me too much. I'm mostly just sad because my mail forwarding still won't take place until tomorrow & I had just ordered a book online :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's kinda awful!!!! Hope you're doing ok!
    XO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, so you moved all by yourself?! Yeesh, well at least it's over with and now you can relax, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a real pain! But things are starting to get back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty much. I had a tiny bit of help here & there, but for the most part, I hauled everything over alone!
    It is thankfully done & I am finally feeling less sore & more able to do other things besides freak out & stress about the situation!

    ReplyDelete