Friday, October 8, 2010

In Progress: Love & Letting Go



It's been quite some time since I updated about, "Love & Letting Go". As I mentioned before, while this project is similar to "Plant Collectors in Bolivia" except instead of piecing together bits of words from years & years, it would be an edit as you go, one year project. The name was chosen in May & is proving to be an accurate theme for the kind of year I've been having. When I chose the title, I didn't know I was going to move yet, I think I was still seriously considering online school because of the cost factor. But here I am & I find myself needing to let go of a whole mess of things in order to get on here.


Love & letting go are so linked, they are part of each other. I, like many people in the world, am prone to falling in love. Not necessarily in the romantic relationship kind of way, that has only happened once, but rather in every other way. I fall in love with the world, with someone's laugh, with the way the light is coming in at that window over there, with the wind, with the way certain books smell. Nothing is forever & these tiny things that are so easy to fall in love with are gone quickly. My heart is broken a thousand times a day, but it isn't something to be sad about. We all love, we all let go, we do it constantly, every day & I think that is the most endearing & wonderful thing we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment