Thursday, July 15, 2010

Afghans Away!


Working in between other projects, I am making great progress on this afghan! It's proving to be really easy to make because the square design is simple & because the individual pieces are so small, it's a very portable project. While I imagined it being so hot in the summer would really put me off the idea of putting together a blanket, it actually isn't bad if I save the stitching together of squares for the evening hours. Plus working on it in the summer may actually be perfect as it's likely to be all finished when the cooler weather hits & ready to snuggle up with!


Again, the pattern I'm using for the squares is "Vintage Wheel Square" by Kathy North.

6 comments:

  1. Those colors are so pretty! I wish I knew how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pattern, esp the green scarf! I wish I could do that, I definitely admire people who do because I don't have the patience lol :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always given up on afgans... I SUCK at sewing them together. Maybe I should just give you boxes of squares to sew for me? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should try learning! i bet you would be great at crocheting!!! in fact, you would probably be able to create your own really wonderful designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. awh, i can definitely help you sew squares together if you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha yeah it can get really tedious! the best thing to do is go slow & take lots of breaks

    ReplyDelete