Monday, July 19, 2010

On the Road

Last weekend I took a little visit to Los Angeles in an attempt to get a better feel for the city that I'll be living in since moving day is approaching faster than I imagined it would.

Anyway, one thing that really amazes me about California is the fact that so much of it is essentially empty space. Somehow people stretched roads, telephone poles, & wires over these really vast spaces, connecting every city & that idea really appeals to me.

Because I so love the romance of the open road & did not have to drive on this one (thanks so much, Becca!!!), I ended up with a zillion blurry snapshots of the hills & fields we passed on our way south. Here are a few of my favorites:

This was not long after we took off. We found this port-a-potty with toilet paper attached to be quite hilarious until the toilet paper actually flew off & hit our car. In retrospect, we should have seen that one coming.



So cliche, but doesn't everyone need to take a picture like this once in their lifetime?




12 comments:

  1. LOL, Love the toilet paper!!!

    LA is too far away :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahah, I laughed out loud when I saw that port o potty picture! How exciting you are moving! When is the official day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love roadtrips and these photos! I don't have one of me in a side mirror like that, I guess I need to now ;)
    You must post pictures once you actually move! I'm quite intrigued to see what everything there is like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg you're moving to LA! wow. that's amazing :p
    it also amazes me how much spaces there is out west!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love California its such a beautiful state, the perfect place for a road trip! The bit about the TP was too funny, although I know if I had been in that situation I might not have been laughing until awhile after it happened. Thats really exciting that you are moving to L.A., I'm sure you will have a wonderful time discovering the wonders of the city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much! I really enjoyed taking them

    ReplyDelete
  7. LA is really far! But I will be trying to visit everyone back here as much as I can & attempting to stay in contact via the phone & internet.

    Plus, now if you ever decide to journey way way way to the end of the state, I can be your city guide!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so hilarious! We could have easily switched lanes, but just really didn't want to lose our view.

    Moving day is September 1st! So I've got a little over a month to go, I'm really excited for all the new possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely should take one, get out there on the road!

    I probably will be posting pictures once I've moved. The little neighborhood where I'll be living in looks nice & I'm really excited about exploring the area!
    Before getting accepted to graduate school at UCLA, I had never really seen much of Los Angeles. But I've visited twice since then & the more I see of the city, the more I realize that there is an infinite amount of things to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I'm moving there for graduate school, I'm so excited for this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. California really does lend itself well to road trips! I was a bit nervous about the toilet paper when it got attached to our car because I was afraid it would mess something up. But luckily for us & unluckily for the people who have to use that toilet, it was pretty cheap stuff that broke apart quickly.

    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what LA has in store for me!

    ReplyDelete