Thursday, July 8, 2010

What it Means to be Made of Gold






More tinkering with the mandolin. I really love this instrument, it's a lot of fun to play & the sound is definitely different than guitar. I hope to get more into playing guitar again some time soon, but it goes back to my theory about how sometimes music is like a needy significant other. When it's good, it's great! You're having an excellent time, you can't wait to see them again, everything is so magical & wonderful & you can't even believe you have something so good.

But then when it's bad, it is a nightmare! Nothing you do is right & it's all boo hoos & you don't love mes. My guitar playing has been in that bad kind of funk for a while, maybe if I buy it flowers?

At any rate, I made the video of the audio (where are you, Dictaphone?!?!) into a really audio (this makes no sense, I know) & added a video from this time I was driving home & thought the sky was looking pretty but for some reason taking pictures distorted all the colors but video was fine. Basically, I had no clue what to do with the driving video so that's why it is the way it is. I also realized that I can make the audio from the video into real audio (again with the not making sense) so if I can figure out how to stream audio on this thing or make things downloadable, then maybe I won't have to post them as videos anymore which would be great!

4 comments:

  1. mandolin seems like an awesome instrument to learn : ) i play guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome that you play guitar! it's a really great instrument, i think it makes a lot of sense & is really intuitive.
    the mandolin is really fun to learn! the only thing that's confusing is that some chord fingerings are like playing upside down guitar & i forget what i'm doing exactly

    ReplyDelete