Friday, September 10, 2010

Valley Queen






A little song that actually derived from the name of a street. I tend to hum little nonsense melodies to myself & this is what my brain was doing when I saw the street sign. It kind of ended up being about all these girls I knew in the central valley who always seemed to be doing really well, how lots of people say they can't wait to leave, but wondering if they will be just as successful anywhere else.

Also mainly the idea of how being in a place (mentally or physically) where you feel really safe, but maybe by taking all this comfort, you're maybe sacrificing your ambitions or other goals without even realizing it. I was pretty set on staying in town for a while because it is so familiar & I loved the connections I had with people & let myself ignore the fact that LA presented many more chances for me to follow the career I wanted.

Anyway, I don't know if that makes much sense, but there you go!

3 comments:

  1. Woah, you have a beautiful voice~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I like your song. So you play guitar and sing or is that someone else on guitar? *Also I am about to send you an email through that site we both are signed up to but wont mention its name =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do both which is why my guitar rhythms tend to be so similar as I am not the most coordinated girl. If you're talking about the site that I think you're talking about which we are leaving unnamed, I have not logged in for a bit & I'm not sure when I will again as I am a bit occupied in that area. But thanks for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete