Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Play in the Park


These pictures are really quite old, but are again from my time spent feeling sentimental. One of my favorite things about my hometown was that every summer, two Shakespeare plays were performed in a park with free admission. I was slightly disapointed this year though because I could hardly hear anything! Usually, the actors use wireless microphones to help project their voices, but this year, they decided the actors should be able to send live updates to Twitter during the performance, so the wireless mics were out as cell phones cause interference with their signals.


I thought this was pretty lame because when I go to a play, I'd rather hear it than play with my cell phone. Especially Shakespeare because his plays are so wordy! But other than that, I love going to these performances because they're a more casual way to enjoy theater. Even if you don't really like seeing plays, it is a perfect excuse to picnic with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment