Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This Can be Rebuilt

While back home I did some shopping with my friends and we ended up going to one of my very favorite thrift stores. One dress caught my eye, but it looked like it needed work so I kind of passed it by a few times. Eventually I grabbed it, it has some great details like




cute fabric, and really adorable details on the sleeves and neck.

The major problem is the shape is kind of unappealing, or maybe nonexistent


However, it did come with a little belt thing which made me realize that all I really need to do is take up the hem & taper in the sleeves a bit. It shall be rebuilt! I just need to go buy some cream thread!

2 comments:

  1. Your creativity continually inspires me! I think the dress does have a nice shape naturally (which is in the belt). I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely meant to be worn with a belt! A few small changes should get it in order!

    ReplyDelete