Sunday, February 13, 2011

Something Else






I honestly feel I've gotten quite boring when it comes to playing instruments & I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm not learning anything new anymore and also that I'm not giving the same amount of time to it as I used to in the past.

In my late teens and the first few years of college, I ate, slept, & breathed guitar. I used to get guitar lessons & I practiced several times a day. I also didn't have as many responsibilities as I do now so I actually had more time, & more importantly, more time to hang out at home making terrible noise until it kind of started sounding like music. Putting music on the back burner has made me a little sad. I don't care to play for other people too much since I'm much too shy for that. But music is one of the first creative things I ever learned & I don't want to lose my passion/drive for it. I think maybe if I spend some time just playing around, not worrying about what's what or if it'll come out to anything decent, I'll start feeling more inspired again. It's just a matter of finding the time!

4 comments:

  1. i feel the same way about photography! i need to start taking pics again. and la is a great place to start again!! we gotta find that cool lookout spot in culver city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure there is one in Culver City actually, I just can't remember what it's called. Los Angeles has a ton of prime photography opportunities, you should get on it! I want to see your portfolio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guitar is wonderful. I've been playing for a few years now and it never gets old. I have a challenge sometimes to learn a new song every day....it helps keep things new! It's fun to try!!! : ) Music is wonderful. Keep playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really great idea, setting tiny goals to keep some kind of momentum/excitement going! I don't know if I'd have time to lean a song every day, but maybe every week. I'll give it a go! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete