Tuesday, April 19, 2011

So it Begins



So I was all, "Hmmm maybe I will make this a painting" & since I had caught a cold earlier which left me unable to fabric shop, I found myself unable to further sew, but definitely able to paint. Or draw again. But bigger! I intentionally made the hand quite larger than the balloons because I wanted to imaginary see this through to how I would hang it if I were to ever do so (which 99% most likely, I won't). I decided I would like them to be far away from one another. Of course the hand would be what you see up close since balloons are much lighter, not attached to a body, and will place great distance between themselves & the ground pretty quickly.

But I guess I feel more free seeing an open hand than to see balloons making an escape. Balloons are just doing what they do because of physics & nature. The person behind the hand made a decision to release and to let go.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment