Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dress Progress


As I've been saying, school is a time eater! Couple this with the fact that I am a bit of a slow worker (perfectionist) & you will see that certain projects can take months to complete! As the semester was winding down, I found myself able to cut my fabric & lining & at least pin the top half together.




Last weekend, I was able to stitch up this top part. I'm not using a pattern which is something I've never tried before & while I tried to pre-plan as much as possible, I'm much more of an "oh let's just do this!" person & am essentially making it up as I go along. One thing that came out exactly as I wanted is the back of the top



Now that school is over, I'm hoping I'll have time to attach the skirt part, put in a zipper,  & maybe add on any extra bits that appeal to me in the fabric store. This will probably take a lot more time than you think it should.

2 comments:

  1. That fabric is really pretty, especially on the body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i really love the fabric, plus it sews pretty well!

    ReplyDelete