Monday, May 31, 2010

Learning to fly Again


This was my final project for a ceramics class I took this Spring. I only have a few quick photos of it that I snapped in the studio because it's going to be on display so I haven't been able to take it home yet. You can see the other pictures here.

The assignment was to create a self portrait that either actually looked like you, or that metaphorically represented some aspect of yourself. Over the past year, I had quite a lot to deal with in terms of "personal issues". But of course, I am tough as nails! . You will notice this version of our ugly bird has a bandaged wing, but the bandage is beginning to come off, it is no longer needed. Some things that happened were so hurtful, I was almost certain I could never really recover. Yet in time,  I found myself learning to fly again.

2 comments: