Saturday, November 27, 2010

I Don't Like Your Designs!



In the past, I have always gotten things done/been really productive, but I could never really explain how I managed & always felt quite rushed. I feel like a lot of this is because of all the millions of recommended ways to organize yourself, none of those fit me very well. Often with planners, the boxes are too detailed or too small or just not the way I want to view a month. The closest I came to a perfect solution in the world of planners was Moleskine's Weekly Notebook Planner which gives you a calendar on one side & a ruled page on the other. But then I would still carry around a sketch book for drawings & the rest of my ideas that didn't fit on the ruled page.

So I have decided that 2011 will be the year I organize on my own terms! I bought a notebook of blank sheets & stamped one day for each spread. This means that my "planner" is only good until the end of April, but it means that I can keep all my thoughts & reminders in one book. Having days labeled ahead of time means I can easily look forward to due dates. Plus, if I take one day at a time in life, why not do so in my planner?

4 comments:

  1. i like!, neat idea. I hope it works out well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm hoping that the huge amount of white space will motivate me to fill up those pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really good idea! When I first saw the picture, before realizing it was a diy, I though, "Neat, I might have to find that planner!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! The date stamp was a very nice, "hello you like libraries & I like you" gift. It has been so useful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete