Wednesday, November 3, 2010

In Progress: Tiny Flowers


I'm still really obsessing over tiny details in the clothing I make. This time I let my sewing machine do most of the work, using one of those fancier stitches to add some decoration to the waistband of what will hopefully end up being a fuller, a-line skirt. I am using a pattern I made based on the one I created for my last sewing project, bringing the lines out & away from the body rather than keeping them close.


I also took a visit to Mood to get the lining for this skirt & was blown away by the sheer amount of fabric in that store! I really wanted to go at least one time for the simple pleasure of pretending to discuss my fabric choices with Tim Gunn. Next time I go fabric shopping, I'll probably go somewhere cheaper, but I'll definitely remember where Mood is when I need something special! I will leave you with this video clip that explains why I loved Project Runway more than any other competition reality show:






3 comments:

  1. I know I've most likely said this multiple times but you're so creative : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise,
    You were always amazing and always creative. You have done nothing but impress me with everything you do in life from what little I hear about you from friends. I have to be honest, I ran into your website by a mistake and when i went to the About Me I saw you. Still beautiful and I feel like you have only become wiser. Although we aren't friends, I love your work and the way you word everything. Sometimes I wish I could reach out beyond the world like you for my art but I seem to be blank when it comes the pushing the brush against the canvas or starting a new project. I wish you nothing but the best. Congrats on your move and someday when I get paid I'll buy your books.

    A fan of Denise since 7th grade,
    Brittany Schengel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks, I appreciate the nice things you said & I hope you can get around that creative block soon!

    ReplyDelete