Wednesday, November 10, 2010

In Progress: Lining, Zippers & Hems



I feel like although this skirt is taking an incredibly long time to make, it's actually pretty fast work. Generally, the only thing preventing me from getting this done is the lack of time to work. I've been somehow magically balancing school, work, dating, making new friends, volunteering, maintaining this blog & crafting so I can't quite dedicate as many hours to my personal craft projects as I used to because really, I feel creating some kind of home/life here is more important right now. My biggest fear is currently that I will get sick (totally throws off my time management skills) or that one of these things will just fall apart due to things beyond my control. Of course, I am hoping winter break will be craft time to the max! Hello, my hometown is hours away, just think of how much crocheting can happen on the road!

In the meantime, I am fitting things in where I can. I had a free hour last week so I managed to sew the lining in & do a top-stitch, put in the zipper (note: image #1 proves how inept I am at zippers, look at all those pins!), & start putting on some hem tape (although I didn't get to finish). The end of the quarter is getting so close so things are getting crazy, but my next steps are finishing that hem, giving the skirt a wash, & doing some final fittings!

2 comments:

  1. So talented, you are! (why did that sound like yoda? lmao) the fact that you can do that at all amazes me, much less with such a busy schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this in Yoda voice made this my favorite comment ever!

    ReplyDelete