Monday, December 6, 2010

Sometimes it's Good to be a Student

One thing that's amazing about being a student is of course, the student discount! Even better when the student discount makes your ticket price $0!

The other night, I got to see, "The Illusionist" & "Triplets of Belleville" which were screened by the film & television archive of my university. I'd already seen "Triplets of Belleville", but watching it again & in a theater (I've only watched it on televisions & computers) reminded me of how much I love that movie! "The Illusionist" was so so so so so so so wonderful as well although it did give me a bit of a problem with watery eyes toward the end.













So yes, I am recommending these two Sylvain Chomet movies, but I am also, more importantly recommending that if you are associated with a college in any way, find out what the school offers you! I'm really impressed by the student discounts and free admissions available just by waving that trusty student ID card around. Also keep in mind, that if you're a student, it's your fees that are funding these programs so you might as well take advantage!

2 comments:

  1. I have Les Triplettes de Belleville on DVD and am actually going to see The Illusionist today. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete