Friday, December 3, 2010

A Little out of Place


I hope I fooled you into thinking I was going to make a "serious" painting! It is still the same stuff as ever.


Initially, I thought I was only making this image to tell a silly story, but then I looked back to when I first made this doodle in my planner which was way back on September 24th. I was meeting up with someone & arrived first so I decided to find a place to sit & wait since I didn't want to get lost & made this but in a tiny drawing version. Thinking about how I felt while waiting & just around that time in general, I feel like it is very much about feeling out of place. I was just as stunned & confused by the fact that I was somehow living in Los Angeles as I would be to open my teapot & find an ugly yellow bird living inside. I felt so out of place that I thought it was obvious & was halfway surprised that people weren't giving me strange looks, I so didn't belong there!


I included things that contrast. Something man made & something that is alive & in nature. Something soft inside of something rigid. A little out of place.

3 comments:

  1. Cute as always and I love the concept of something soft and fluffy in something hard and cold, high contrast. I've been so absent from the internet that I haven't been able to keep up but I hope things are well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm actually really pleased with this one even though it's incredibly simple.
    Sometimes being away from the internet is a great experience & I hope yours was! That being said, I'm looking forward to the next post from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and very charming! The colours are so cheery :]

    ReplyDelete