Tuesday, September 13, 2011

El Pescador

[vimeo http://vimeo.com/22223338]


[vimeo http://vimeo.com/22182835]


This weekend was pretty busy. Or I don't know, is it busy when you're doing fun things? I don't know. It was full. One of the things I did over the weekend was to go see some short films put out by Mexican film makers. We didn't get to stay for very long unfortunately because of the aforementioned fullness, we soon had to be somewhere else. But the few short films we did see were pretty fantastic. "El Pescador" was my favorite. It was so beautiful, it hurt. The score, the story, the questions, ahhhhgghghgh perfect! I appreciate short films probably the same way I appreciate short stories which is considerably more than something longer. I think it takes incredible skill to tell a rich, full story in just a few minutes. "El Pescador" is visual poetry. If you can find a way to see it, please do!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that was ... incredibly gorgeous. I'm going to try and find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling Martin about this, and I could not do it justice in words. I wish it were online so I could watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do! & let me know if you can, I'd love to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to write about it much couldn't really because it was such an emotional film & I just don't even know the words to accurately explain how it made me feel. I want to try contacting the film school to find out how/if I can get a copy.

    ReplyDelete