Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Glimpses of my Home

I have begun the process of very slowly dissembling my Los Angeles apartment. Regardless of where I end up (even if I stay in this city, but a different part of town), I moved here taking only what would fit in my stepmom's car & that's exactly what I need to have when I move out because renting things is pricey! I've kind of been bringing things home & sending things back with my parents on our visits so it's a gradual change, but my belongings are definitely thinning out. I actually am shocked at how much I've acquired since moving down! I have a tendency to feel like I need to fill a space & make it cozy immediately upon settling in so the rooms I occupy seem to end up looking a bit granny.

Anyway, I wanted to document what my living space was like here before my living space became another place! Because I love my organizing cubes so much, I am dedicating this first "home" post to them!



This thing was so simple & easy to put together, the only con is that it's so heavy when it's all one piece! I used to keep this in my bathroom in my first apartment, but I was better able to utilize the space in this bedroom so I'm keeping it there, but it still kind of serves batthroom-y services. The bottom two bins are full of crafting/art supplies. One of them has painting stuff & the other has fabric stuff. In the middle cubes, I keep extra fabric & my bathroom towels.



The top cubes keep makeup stuff on one side & hair stuff on the other. I honestly need to go through & throw away a lot of stuff! Much of what's in those makeup bags are samples that I didn't like & honestly of those hair things I only recommend & use the Redken curl cream & the Tresemme dry shampoo.



This is the top! Basically I just keep my girly fluff stuff there.

No comments:

Post a Comment