Thursday, September 1, 2011

One Little, Two Little, Three Little Ugly Birds . . .



This is becoming a small-ish painting. It currently looks more like this:

One of my friends back home was attempting to rush paint some matryoshka doll artwork for me because she's awesome, but wasn't able to finish before I actually visited. Anyway, I was kind of enamored with her elaborate designs & was like, " I wanna try!"

But of course, my drawing style differs greatly from this friend of mine so I kind of put the want aside for a while thinking it would be far too complicated & time consuming & something I would botch up. Then there was one day when I was doodling pictures of penguins in my journal which of course morphed into ugly birds. & Then there were many ugly birds of various sizes & you can see how things went from there! Anyway, this one has been so fun to work on that I've been working quite slowly. I almost never want it to be finished!

3 comments:

  1. those are SO CUTE :3
    Really grand. I love the color scheme

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite color combo in the world! i think theyre super adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And I don't find them ugly at all <3

    ReplyDelete