Thursday, April 22, 2010

If I May Veer Off Topic . . .


So I had every intention of keeping this related to my projects, but last week I had an experience that was too amazing not to share! I had the privilege of seeing Yann Tiersen live! I wanted to share one of the videos I took during the concert, but youtube gave me a fright by saying I would be infringing copyright so I decided to play it safe even thought people upload videos like that all the time.

Yann Tiersen has made so many small moments of my life so much more beautiful because of his music. When I was a few years younger and gas was less pricey, I used to love driving around the foothills (not much going on in the central valley, let me tell you!) looking for places to explore. Listening to Yann Tiersen while doing this made every sweep of the road seem so cinematic & so special.

I was listening to Yann Tiersen as I drove away from a young man's apartment & realized I had fallen in love for the first time. So yes, very special, I was so so so excited about actually seeing him play right in front of my very own nose!

It's so interesting how people who you will probably never meet can make such an impact in your life simply because they make music.


(my friend Becca snapped this on her phone! that's me nearly dying of awesome!)


What is the best show you've ever been to? Which one were most excited for?

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this artist but now I fully plan on checking out some youtube video's of him, he sounds really good. I think that the first concert which I went to, seeing John Mayer, will always be special to me because it was the first time I was allowed to really experience the joys of going to concerts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely check out Yann Tiersen, he's really great! I think he is probably more famous for creating the soundtrack to "Amelie".

    First concert memories are the best! I think the first one I went to was an Incubus concert quite a while back when I used to listen to them.

    It's so fun getting to see your favorite musicians play live, I hope I can do it a lot more this summer!

    ReplyDelete