Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Summer Reading Approaches



Free time for reading is coming soon! What are your favorite books? Some of mine are:
"The Magus" by John Fowles

"No One Belongs Here More Than You" by Miranda July

ANYTHING Neil Gaiman (hello, favorite author!)

"Cat's Cradle" by Kurt Vonnegut

"Let us Compare Mythologies" by Leonard Cohen

"The Dream Songs" by John Berryman

& though I have a huge stack of books waiting for me, I would love to know if you have any recommendations. What are you planning to read this summer? I think I will start with this odd book I found in a thrift store called "Sanctity: or there's no such thing as a naked sailor" by Dennis Selby!

4 comments:

  1. oh i love the petite prince! i would read it in french if i knew french! hahaa and the eragon series. and catcher in the rye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. while i have read (& love!) catcher in the rye, i haven't read your other two picks! i'll definitely have to look for them in the library this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that floral "read!" Let us all know how the Vonnegut book is, I've been meaning to read some of his works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Cat's Cradle" is one of my absolute favorite books! I could read it a hundred times over & still not be sick of it, I really recommend it!

    ReplyDelete